Without a battery, your car simply is not functional. Among the most inconvenient things in life is when your car battery suddenly dies unexpectedly!
But the great news is… there are several ways to know if your vehicle battery is on the verge of dying and needs to be replaced. In this guide we will go over 7 signs your car battery is going to die and has to be replaced or reconditioned.
Before we get started discussing these 7 critical signs, it’s important to remember that when experiencing issues with your car battery, be certain to check the battery connections and wires first because occasionally a faulty connection can appear to be a larger problem.
1) Slow Cranking – When turning the key, if your car turns over for more than normal or takes a while to”grab,” it often is because the battery charge is low. While the starter can be the culprit, the majority of the time the battery is to blame. If this is happening regularly, it is a good sign your car battery is going bad and it may be time to replace your battery or recondition it.
2) Check Engine Light/Battery Warning Light – The check engine light is always a great indication of something off with your car or truck. The battery power being weak will trip the check engine light. This will only light up if there is a problem with the battery.
3) Age – A car battery lifespan, in perfect conditions, is about five decades. If your battery is coming up on the five to six year indicate it’s time to begin looking for a replacement or recondition it to give it new life.
4) Electrical Component Issues – One sure indication that your battery is beginning to fade is if electric components are fighting to operate (such as lights, windshield wipers, power locks, and windows).
This can damage other engine parts if not addressed quickly. If you become aware of this, you may either bring your battery into a shop and have them look at it or you may use our reconditioning measures and do it yourself.
7) Multiple Jump starts Needed – if you are needing to jump your battery to get your car started over three times each week, it is time to replace the battery or recondition it. Excessive jumping can also damage other systems, so it is best to have the battery replaced or correct the battery yourself.
If your vehicle battery is showing any of these 7 signals, know that your battery needs to be replaced or repaired before your car no more runs.